Along with the official announcement of UGC NET, the National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the UGC NET test pattern. Candidates must sit for two examinations, according to the UGC NET Exam Pattern. The first paper will be generic, while the second will be specific to the subject chosen by the students. Students may learn more about the sorts of questions, exam period, amount of questions, and merit list by using the UGC NET Exam Pattern. For all subjects asked in the UGC NET test, the UGC NET exam pattern will be the same. Both exams are multiple-choice with no negative marking, as per the UGC NET exam structure.
UGC NET Exam Pattern Highlights
Based on the official notification published by the authorities, here are the main aspects regarding the UGC NET test Paper 1 and Paper 2 exam format. Exam duration is 3 hrs.
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper 1 Highlights||UGC NET Paper 2 Highlights|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option|
|Marking scheme|| 2 for the correct answer|
0 for incorrect answer
| 2 for the correct answer|
0 for incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
UGC NET Exam Pattern
Previously, CBSE was in charge of the UGC NET test. The National Testing Agency, on the other hand, has been conducting it in the following pattern since June 2018.
UGC NET Exam Pattern For Paper 1
Paper 1 is required for all candidates who have applied for the UGC NET exam. The UGC NET Paper 1 is divided into ten sections. The number of questions and marks allotted to each part of UGC NET Paper 1 are as follows:
|UGC NET Paper 1 Sections||Questions in UGC NET Paper 1||UGC NET Paper 1 Marks|
|Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|People & Environment||5||10|
|Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
The test pattern for UGC NET Paper 1 is determined by the applicants' chosen subject. However, regardless of which subject people choose, the exam pattern will be consistent across all courses.
UGC NET Exam Pattern For Paper-II
The second paper of the UGC NET will be subject-based. The candidates will be quizzed on the subject of their choice. The paper will be written in an objective style.
|Number of Subjects||81 (Candidates need to choose from these)|
|Type of Questions||Objective MCQs (All questions are compulsory)|
|Number of Questions||100 Questions|
|Mark for each Question||2 marks|
|Total Marks||200 marks|
|Time Duration||2 hours|
Exam Mode For UGC NET
- The UGC NET will be held in an online format.
- At the examination centre, each applicant will be assigned a PC with pre-installed software specifically designed for the exam.
- Before beginning the exam, double-check that the computer and mouse are in functioning order.
Question Types In The UGC NET Exam
- For both papers, the questions would be objective.
- Candidates must choose the best relevant response from a list of four possibilities.
UGC NET Exam Schedule
NTA will conduct UGC NET in two shifts every day. The following are the timings for Paper 1 and Paper 2 for both shifts:
|UGC NET Exam||Timing of First Shift||Timing of Second Shift|
|Commencement of Exam|| 09:00 am || 03:00 pm |
|Conclusion of Exam|| 12:00 pm ||06:00 pm|
Total Number Of Questions In UGC NET
The total number of questions in the UGC NET is as follows:
- There will be 150 multiple-choice questions in the UGC NET.
- There will be 50 questions on Paper 1 and 100 questions on Paper 2.
- There are no restrictions on moving between the Papers.
- All of the questions must be answered.
UGC NET Marking Scheme
- In the exam, a uniform marking scheme is used, which means that for both Paper 1 and Paper 2, each correct answer will get you two points.
- There is no negative marking for erroneous answers in the UGC NET exam's revised exam design.
- As a result, rather than skipping a question, one can apply a calculated guess and indicate the correct answer.
UGC NET Syllabus
Applicants preparing for the UGC NET test should consult the official website for the UGC NET curriculum. Important subjects and chapters asked in the examination can be found in the UGC NET syllabus. Students must also read the UGC NET test pattern for their preparations in addition to the syllabus.
UGC NET Question Papers
Applicants who are studying for the UGC NET test should look over the UGC NET 2021 question questions to help them with their studies. Candidates can use the UGC NET question paper to develop an efficient preparation approach. For their preparations, candidates can look at the UGC NET Exam Pattern. Candidates can also check essential topics asked in the UGC NET exam by using UGC NET sample question papers.