The Odisha State Cooperative Bank (OSCB) is one of the Scheduled State Cooperative Banks incorporated under the Orissa Cooperative Societies Act on 2nd April 1948. Since its inception, the Bank has been playing a pivotal role in transforming the agrarian economy of the State by catering to the credit requirement of the farm families. The Bank leads the Short Term Cooperative Credit Structure (STCCS) in Odisha comprising 2709 PACS (including 212 LAMPS and 6 FSS) at the grassroots level, 17 District Central Cooperative Banks (with 323 Branches) at the middle tier. The Bank has facilitated enrollment of 53.69 lakh agricultural families from out of about 55 lakh agricultural families in the State covering 97.6% of the families. As a State partnered Bank, the OSCB has been implementing various plans and programmes of the State Government meant for agriculture production and productivity with rural development. The Bank has a network of 14 Branches spread across the State, and it has been supporting the Central Cooperative Banks with its 323 Branches to consolidate the Short Term Cooperative Credit Structure.
OSCB Assistant Manager Exam 2022
The Odisha State Co-operative Bank Ltd (OSCB) has released the notification for the recruitment of the Assistant Manager Grade-II post in the District Co-operative Banks functioning in the Odisha State. The residents of Odisha are eligible for the selection of these posts. They should make an online application on the official website of OSCB before the last date of online application submission. The OSCB has opened the window for 255 vacancies. The allocation of posting will be provided to the selected candidates in Central Co-operative Banks under various categories through the transparent counselling process. Before understanding the significant details of the notification, let's get an overview of the tentative dates of application and selection process for the OSCB Assistant Manager Recruitment.
OSCB Assistant Manager Grade-II Exam Mock Test
The OSCB Assistant Manager has the following features:
- The OSCB Assistant Manager online test series consists of 10 sets of prelims and 5 sets of mains mock tests for practice
- All Mock Tests for OSCB Assistant Manager Exam are prepared as per the latest pattern with detailed solutions
- These mock tests are created by exam toppers and experts
- Analyze your performance using our AI-Based Detailed Performance Analysis
- These mock tests will help you identify your strong and weak areas
Take a Free Mock Test Now
OSCB Assistant Manager Recruitment: Overview
|Name of the Institution||The Odisha State Co-operative Bank Ltd (OSCB)|
|Name of post||Assistant Manager Grade-II|
|Location of Deployment||within the state of Odisha|
|Starting date of online submission of application||29-12-2021|
|Last date of the online application submission||17-01-2022|
|Payment of application fees ||Payment to be made through online mode between 29-12-2021 to 17-01-2022|
|Release of Examination Call Letters||24th February 2022|
|Preliminary Exam (Online)||6th March 2022|
|Mains Exams (Online)||Tentatively in April or May|
|Examination and application fees||For Unreserved /SEBC – Rs. 1000/-For SC/ST- Rs. 600/-|
The candidates who had applied in response to the earlier advertisement dated 13.03.2020 No. 7835 must make fresh applications.
The OSCB has announced vacancies in different cities of Odisha in different Banks for different categories. The table below gives vacancies in different categories under General and Special Recruitment.
|Category||General Recruitment||Special Recruitment|
The total vacancies of 255 include the provision of 10 vacancies for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) with Low Vision, Locomotive Disability including leprosy, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and many others. The provision for 8 vacancies is created for Ex. Servicemen candidates and 3 vacancies are created for sportsman candidates. If the eligible candidates are unavailable to fill the allocated vacancies for these categories, then the candidates who have successfully cleared the examination will be recruited for these reserved categories.
OSCB Assistant Manager Recruitment: Eligibility
It is pertinent to note for candidates that they should satisfy the eligibility criteria for Assistant Manager before submitting and making payment for examination applications fees. The eligibility criteria are given as follows:
- Residential Status: The candidate should be a resident of the Odisha state. The operational location of DCCBs (District Central Co-operative Banks) is irrelevant for the candidates to make an application.
- Educational Qualification: They should have completed the Graduation from any stream from the recognized University with professional knowledge of computer application.
- Age Limit: The applicants should be 21 years or more, but not more than 32 years.
The candidates shall be disqualified from appearing for the examination if they are covered under the following disqualifications:
- They should not have been sentenced for any offense involving the case of moral turpitude. They will be ineligible if such sentence has been upheld and not reversed and the offense is not condoned.
- They should not have been dismissed from the Cooperative Institutions, Public Sector Undertakings, State/ Central Govt, and Local Authority services.
- If they are disqualified from the OCS. Act, 1962 and rules framed under this Act to become an employee of the Institution.
- The application shall be cancelled if the candidate carries out any misrepresentation or suppression or furnishing of wrong information or any manipulation. In such a case, their candidature will be cancelled or disqualified at any stage of the selection process, even if the appointment letter is issued to such a candidate.
Pay Scale or other allowances
The post offers a pay scale of Rs. 9300/- to Rs. 34800/- with Grade pay of Rs. 4200/- together with Dearness Allowances and other allowances as admissible. (as per Pre-Revised standards).
Take a Free Mock Test Now
OSCB Assistant Manager Selection Process
The selection process will be carried out in three (3) stages:
Stage I: Online Preliminary Examination
|Sr. No.||Subjects||No. of questions||Marks||Time|
|1.||English ||30||30||20 mins|
|2. ||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 mins|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 mins|
| ||Total||100||100||60 mins|
Stage II: Online Main Examination
|Sr. No.||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|1||General and Financial Awareness||40||40||30 mins|
|2.||General English||40||40||40 mins|
|3. ||Reasoning Ability||40||40||35 mins|
|4. ||Quantitative Aptitude ||40||40||35 mins|
| ||Total||160||160||140 mins|
The successful candidates in the above examinations will be shortlisted for the viva-voce test.
Once the candidates have cleared the examination and appeared for the viva-voce test, they will call them for document verification. The shortlisted candidates will have to appear with the original and self-attested photocopies. The candidates should carry the following documents for verification:
- Online application form printout
- Valid Photo Identity (PAN Card/ Passport/ Permanent Driving License/ Voter's Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph/ or any other photo identity proof)
- Proof of Date of birth
- They will only accept Matriculation/ High School Examination certificates and all other mark sheets present on the date of submission of the online application.
- Residential Certificates issued by Competent Authority, not before the issue of advertisement.
- Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority in the format prescribed by the Indian Government.
- Disability Certificate, if any,
- Discharge Certificate for Ex-Serviceman
- No Objection Certificate in case of Central Government Employees.
- Experience Certificate, if any
- Any other relevant documents.
OSCB Assistant Manager Syllabus
Applicants studying for the OSCB test should be familiar with all the essential themes included in the OSCB Syllabus per subject, as these are the topics from which the questions in the paper will be drawn. Here are some of the essential subjects included in the OSCB Exam curriculum for the preliminary and main examinations. However, certain courses are covered in both examinations. Let's have a look at the OSCB Assistant Manager Syllabus 2022 section by section in the table below:
|General and Financial Awareness||Numerical Ability||English||Reasoning Ability|
|Indian Culture & Heritage||Numbers and Ages||Prepositions||Classification|
|Finance Commissions||Averages||Antonyms||Data Sufficiency|
|Taxes on Income and Expenditure||Mensuration||Fill in the blanks||Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle|
|Financial and Railway Budget||Profit and Loss||Passage Completion||Puzzle Test|
|Revenue of Central Government||Problems on Numbers||Spotting Errors||Blood Relations|
|Economic Planning||Pipes and Cisterns||Substitution||Coding-Decoding|
|Inflation||Indices and Surds||Sentence||Assertion and Reasoning|
|National Income||Simple Equations||Error Correction||Arithmetical Reasoning|
|Money Market in India||Probability||Transformation||Operations of Mathematics|
|Role of Banking||Time and Distance||Para Completion||Friend Diagrams|
|Public Finance||Quadratic Equations||Joining Sentences||Word Sequence|
|Bills||Odd Man Out||Active and Passive Voice||Missing Characters|
|Concept of Budget||Races and Games||Idioms and Phrases||Sequential Output training|
|Schemes and Policies implemented by Government||Permutations and Combinations||Sentence Improvement||Directions|
|Indian Banking Industry History||Compound Interest||Synonyms||Test on Alphabets|
|Current Events – National & International||Boats and Streams||Sentence Arrangement||Analogy|
|Indian Polity||Problems on Trains||Substitution||Series Completion|
|Indian Constitution||Ratio and Proportion||Completion||Verification of truth of the Statement|
|Science & Technology||Areas||Spelling Test||Situation Reaction Test|
|Indian Geography||Volumes||Error Correction||Direction Sense Test|
|IT & Space etc||Percentages|| ||Eligibility Test|
|Indian Economy||Simplification and Approximation|| ||Figure Matrix|
|Functions of Banks||Mixtures and Allegations|| ||Completion Incomplete Pattern|
|Types of Banks||Simple Interest|| ||Spotting embedded figures|
|RBI and its Monetary Policy||Problems on LCM and HCF|| ||Classification|
|Capital market in India||Time and Work Partnership.|| ||Rules Detection|
| || || ||Dot Situation|
| || || ||Identical figure groupings|
| || || ||Forming figures and analysis|
| || || ||Construction of Squares and Triangles|
| || || ||Series|
Take a Free Mock Test Now
OSCB Assistant Manager Application Process
- Candidates should make an online application between 29-12-2021 and 17-01-2022. Therefore, no other mode of application will be accepted.
- Before making an application, the candidates should be scanned with the following documents:
- photograph (4.5cm x 3.5cm)
- signature (with black pen)
- Left-hand thumb impression (done with black or blue pen on white paper)
- a handwritten declaration (confirming the correctness, validity, and authenticity of submitted information and availability of submitted documents)
- The candidates should visit the official website www.odishascb.com and click on the option "APPLY ONLINE."
- Choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and fill in the personal credentials to register yourself on the website.
- After this, the candidates should complete the application process and apply.
Candidates must submit a fee while filling out their application form from 29th December 2021 to 17th January 2022. Failing to do so, the OSCB will reject their application. The application fee for OSCB recruitment 2022 is as follows.
- Unreserved/SEBC Category: Rs. 1000
- SC/ST Category: Rs. 600
The candidates should make the application before the end date to avoid any disturbance at the closure date. The Assistant Manager post is an ideal job with a good salary structure. The candidates should stay in touch with the official website to get acquainted with any updates introduced by the OSCB at the earliest.