The Karnataka Administrative Services (KAS) examination is conducted by the Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) to fill several posts under the group A and the group B cadre. These are vacancies in the executive and managerial levels in the Karnataka state administration. The KAS vacancy is under the state bureaucracy. You may want to look at the official website to find the exact number of vacancies. The past year's vacancy data gives you a good idea of the posts available with an approximate KAS vacancy.
KAS Vacancy Posts under Group A and Group B
The KPSC declares the KAS vacancy for the gazetted officer's posts each year. Here are the different vacancies under Group A and Group B cadre
|Deputy Superintendent of Police||03|
|Assistant Labour Commissioner||02|
|Tahsildar Grade II||50|
|Commercial Tax Officer||07|
|Deputy Superintendent of Excise||05|
|Assistant Director (Food)||02|
|Assistant Director of Audit of Co-operative Societies||14|
|Assistant Director (Tourism)||11|
Recruitment Process to fill up the KAS Vacancy
The candidates will have to appear for the KPSC KAS exam to fill the KAS vacancy. It is thus important to know the selection process. The candidate needs to go through a few selection stages before being recruited. Here are the insights regarding the KPSC KAS selection process and the stages to fill up the KAS vacancy.
- Prelims – The first stage is the preliminary examination to be eligible to sit for the mains examination. There are two objective-type question paper formats, and the candidate needs to clear the prelim stage to be eligible to appear for the main examination.
- Mains - The next stage is the main examination, a subjective written examination. The candidate has to appear for nine papers which are all the descriptive types. All the candidates who attempt the main examination will be called for the interview. The main exam carries 1750 marks.
- The interview is the qualifying round. The filtered candidates from the preliminary examination sit for this round. The final merit list to fill the KAS vacancy is released post this. The entire marks allotted are 200.
- Document verification is the last stage where the authority looks at the documents of the selected candidates. Once the documents are verified, the candidate is allotted the post they have applied for.
It is important that the candidate who applies for the KAS vacancy should have fulfilled all the eligibility criteria. If the candidate does not fulfil it, they are not recruited for the post.
Here are the details you need to meet before filling up the KPSC KAS form.
- The candidate should have a bachelor's degree from a recognized university
- The aspirant should be over 21 years of age
- The upper age limit is 35 years for the general category
- The upper age limit is 40 years for the reserved category
- The candidate should know Kanada
Application Form to fill up the KAS Vacancy
Here are the steps to fill out the application form for the KAS vacancy.
- ∙Visit the official website and click on the Application for Gazetted probationers
- ∙Log in with your username and password
- ∙Fill up the details, review them and then click on the submit button
- ∙Download the application form and challan copy
- ∙Pay the examination fee through debit or credit card, net banking or through the common service centres
- ∙Speed post the self-attested duplicate copy to the commission