JKPSC KAS is conducted to recruit candidates for the posts of J & K Administrative Service(Junior Scale), Police Service, and Accounts Service in the union territory of J&K. In the year 2022, JKPSC has released 220 vacancies. In this section, we will be discussing the JKSPS KAS Syllabus for the benefit of the aspirants.
JKPSC KAS Syllabus
The JKPSC KAS syllabus consists of separate courses for prelims and mains examination. The detailed syllabus is presented below
JKPSC KAS Prelims Syllabus
- Questions based on Jammu and Kashmir such as its history, polity, economy, major events, art, culture, etc.
- General Science
- General issues on Environmental ecology
- Events of national and international importance
- Indian Polity, Indian Constitution and amendments to it
- Indian and World Geography
- Economic and Social Development
- Current events of National and International importance
- Bio-diversity and Climate Change
- Interpersonal skills, including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- Basic arithmetics and data interpretation ( Class X level)
- General mental ability;
- Decision-making and problem-solving
JKPSC KAS Mains Syllabus
- Comprehension of given passages.
- Precise writing.
- Usage and vocabulary.
- Short essays
|Paper-i||Essay on multiple topics|
- Indian heritage and culture
- World history
- Polity, social justice
- International relations.
- Economic development
- Disaster management.
|Paper-vi||Optional subject paper i|
|Paper-vii||Optional subject paper ii|
JKPSC KAS Exam Pattern
JKPSC KAS exam has three stages, therefore, the exam pattern for each stage varies with one another. You can check out the JKPSC exam pattern for the Prelims & Mains exam below.
JKPSC KAS Prelims Exam Pattern
JKPSC Prelims Exam is the first stage for the JKPSC selection process. Candidates securing minimum cutoff marks in the Prelims Exam of JKPSC KAS 2022 will be called to appear for the Mains Exam. The JKPSC KAS Prelims Exam will have two papers: General Studies Paper- I and General Studies Paper-II.
- The JKPSC Prelims Exam comprises of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) each for Paper 1 and 2.
- Both the JKPSC Prelims Papers will be of 200 marks each.
- For each incorrect answer in the JKPSC Prelims Exam, there is a penalty of 0.33 marks.
- It is compulsory to score at least 33% in General Studies Paper-II.
|General Studies Paper- I ||100||200||2 hours|
|General Studies Paper-II||100||200||2 hours|
JKPSC Mains Exam Pattern
The candidates who obtain the cutoff marks in the JKPSC CCE Prelims Exam will be called to appear for the JKPSC Mains Exam. The qualified candidates of the Prelims Exam will be issued an application form that they will have to fill up within the required time decided by the Commission.
- The JKPSC Mains Exam shall comprise of a written examination and a personality test.
- The JKPSC Mains Exam has eight (8) papers of conventional essay type.
- Out of the eight mains paper, English Paper is qualifying in nature.
- Candidates who will obtain the cutoff marks in the JKPSC Mains Exam will be called to appear for the Personality Test for Interview.
- The JKPSC Interview shall be of 250 marks
|Paper No.||Paper Name||Marks|
|1||English||300 (Qualifying Only)|
|3||General Studies I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)||250|
|4||General Studies II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)||250|
|5||General Studies –III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)||250|
|6||General Studies –IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)||250|
|7||Optional Subject Paper I||250|
|8||Optional Subject Paper II||250|
| ||JKPSC Personality Test (Interview)||250|