IBPS SO 2021 Notification is just around the corner. So it will be good to know about IBPS SO Eligibility. We will look at all factors related to IBPS SO Eligibility in this blog. It would Include Age Limit & Age relaxation, Educational qualification, Nationality.
IBPS SO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before getting down to filling out the online application form, be sure that you have checked all eligibility requirements and that you fulfil all of them. All the information will be available to you in the official notification, which will be released in the month of October 2021. IBPS SO Exam Eligibility Criteria is divided into three heads: nationality, educational qualification, and age.
IBPS publishes the eligibility criteria of the IBPS SO Exam 2021 as per nationality, age, and educational qualification. Candidates should meet the below-mentioned eligibility criteria to apply for the examination.
A candidate must be either –
- A Citizen of India
- A Subject of Nepal
- A Subject of Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India prior to 1st January 1962 intending to live in India permanently.
- Persons of Indian origin who migrated from Vietnam/ Ethiopia/ Zaire/ Malawi/ Zambia / Tanzania/ Uganda/ Kenya/ Sri Lanka/ Burma /Pakistan, intending to reside permanently in India, will be eligible.
Candidates belonging to categories 2, 3,4, and 5 should produce an eligibility certificate from the Indian Government whenever asked by IBPS.
The candidate should be 20 to 30 years of age. The candidate should be born on or after 2nd August 1991 and born on or before 1st August 2001. Upper age relaxations are provided to reserved categories. The age relaxations are given below:
Age Relaxations for upper Age Limit for Reserved Categories
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes Non-Creamy Layer|| 3 years|
|PWD ||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers, which includes ECOs/ SSCOs. These candidates must have gained at least 5 yrs of military service and have been released on completion of the assignment, including those whose assignment is due within a year. ||5 years|
|Persons affected by the riots of 1984||5 years|
- The relaxation for the maximum age limit for candidates from Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Caste and Other Backward Class is on a cumulative basis.
- If the Schedule Tribes candidate has any physical disability, the candidate gets a relaxation of a maximum of 15 years for the upper- age limit. No other exemptions will be allowed.
- No upper age limit relaxations will be given to General and EWS candidates.
- The candidate seeking age relaxation shall produce relevant documents both in original as well as photocopies to prove their claim.
- An Ex-Serviceman who has already availed the benefits provided to the candidate as an ex- Serviceman for re-employment will not get the benefit a second time.
- No reservation for Ex-servicemen in the Officer Cadre.
The candidate should be a graduate or have an equivalent qualification in any discipline from some recognized University.
- The candidate should pass the qualifying examination by October 2021.
- The date on the mark sheet/ scorecard is considered as the date of passing the degree.
- The document of educational qualification will have to be produced for document verification.
- Candidates must specify the graduation percentage, calculated to the nearest two Decimal points.
- The fraction of the percentage will be ignored. Hence, 59.99% will be considered less than 60%, and 54.99% will be considered less than 55%.
The following are specific educational qualifications for different posts
For I.T. Officer (Scale-I)
a) 4 year Engineering/ Technology Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ Electronics/ Electronics & 3 Telecommunications/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation OR
b) Post Graduate Degree in Electronics/ Electronics & Tele Communication/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications
OR Graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level
Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)
4 year Degree (graduation) in Agriculture/ Horticulture/Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Science/ Dairy Science/ Fishery Science/ Pisciculture/ Agri. Marketing & Cooperation/ Co-operation & Banking/ Agro-Forestry/Forestry/ Agricultural Biotechnology/ Food Science/ Agriculture Business Management/ Food Technology/ Dairy Technology/ Agricultural Engineering/ Sericulture
Marketing Officer (Scale I)
Graduate and Two Years Full-time MMS (Marketing)/ Two Years Full-time MBA (Marketing)/ Two Years Full-time PGDBA / PGDBM/ PGPM/ PGDM with specialization in Marketing *
HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)
Graduate and Two Years Full-time Post Graduate degree or Two Years Full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management / Industrial Relations/ HR / HRD/ Social Work / Labour Law.*
Law Officer (Scale I)
A Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) and enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council
Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)
Post Graduate Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the degree (graduation) level
Postgraduate degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at the degree (graduation) level.
- The candidate must be computer savvy and with knowledge of computer systems. Knowledge of computer usage is essential for the job.
The candidate should be proficient in the written and spoken official language of the State/ Union Territory. The Candidate must know to read, write and speak the language.