On June 26 (Extended from May 1), the All India law entrance Test or AILET 2022 will be held. This AILET Exam is held for admission to LLM, BA LLB, and PhD programmes. This exam will be held offline by the National Law University, Delhi. Continue reading for details of the AILET Exam.
AILET Exam: Latest Updates
The National Law University, Delhi will conduct AILET 2022 on 26 June 2022. The last date to apply for the exam is extended to 25 May 2022.
Check official notice here
AILET Exam: Important Dates
|EVENTS ||DATES |
|Notification Date||January 8, 2022|
|Beginning of the Registration Process||January 17, 2022|
|Last date for submitting the Application form ||May 25, 2022 (extended)|
|Admit Card Date||To be announced|
|Exam Date||June 26, 2022 (Postponed from 1 May)|
|Answer Key||To be announced|
|Result Date||To be announced|
|Counselling Date ||To be announced|
|Admission Closing date||To be announced|
AILET Eligibility Criteria
Candidates interested in taking the All India Legal Entrance Test (AILET) in 2022 should carefully study the eligibility criteria and ensure that they meet all of the qualifications for admission to law programmes.
Eligibility Criteria for AILET 2022 in BA LLB
- Candidates must have received at least 45 per cent in their Class 12 or comparable exam from a recognised board. Candidates from the ST, SC, and PWD groups must score at least forty per cent on the qualifying test.
- Candidates who take the qualifying exam are also eligible to take the AILET 2022 exam. Such applicants, on the other hand, will only be eligible for admission to BA LLB programmes if they pass the qualifying examination with the required minimum score.
There are no upper age criterias for admission to the NLU, Delhi's.
LLM AILET Eligibility Criteria 2022
- The candidate must have earned a minimum of 50% in their LLB from a recognised university or institute. ST, SC, and PWD applicants must have received a minimum of forty-five per cent in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who are taking the qualifying test (last year university exam) are also eligible to take the AILET LLM 2022. Candidates must, however, have finished their graduation with minimum qualifying grades before the time of AILET counselling in order to be considered for admission.
There are no upper age criteria for taking the LLM programme.
AILET Exam Pattern
- AILET is taken in a paper-and-pencil format. Candidates will receive question booklets, OMR sheets, and a rough sheet in addition to the question booklets and OMR sheets.
- Candidates must use a blue or black ballpoint pen to indicate their responses on the OMR sheet.
- In the AILET BA LLB, there are 150 questions total, and in the AILET LLM, there are 100 questions with ten explanatory questions.
- All questions in the AILET BA LLB are compulsory. Each question will be valued for one mark, with a negative marking of 0.25 points for each negative response.
- All objective type questions are MANDATORY in the AILET LLM. Candidates will be given ten questions in the descriptive portion, out of which they must answer any TWO of them.
- The test would last for 90 minutes. This does not include the time allotted for reporting.
| ||Description (BA LLB)||Description (LLM)|
|Mode of exam||Offline mode (Pen and Paper)||Offline mode (Pen and Paper)|
|Duration of exam||90 minutes||90 minute|
|Question type||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)||MCQs and descriptive|
|Total questions||150||100 MCQs and 10 descriptives |
For each correct answer, 1 mark will be rewarded
0.25 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer
For objective section
For each correct answer, 1 mark will be rewarded
0.25 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer
For descriptive section
Each question carries 25 marks
|Language of exam||English||English|
Exam Pattern for AILET LLM - Distribution of questions and marks by section:
|Section A||Part -1 English language||50||50|
|Part -2: logical reasoning||50||50|
|Section - B||Legal knowledge - From different branches of law|
10 questions will be given
2 to be answered
|50 (25 marks each)|
Syllabus topic for AILET LLM
|Property Law||Family Law|
|Intellectual Property Law||International Law|
|Law of Contracts||Criminal Law|
|Law of Torts||Logical reasoning|
Exam Pattern for AILET BA LLB - Distribution of questions and marks by section:
|Sections||Subjects||Number of questions||Marks|
|Section A||English Language||50||50|
|Section B||Current Affairs & General Knowledge||30||30|
|Section C||Logical Reasoning||70||70|
|Total number of questions||150||150|
Syllabus topic for AILET BA LLB:
- Section 1 comprises English which includes fill in blanks, synonyms, antonyms, jumbled sentences, comprehension passages, idioms and phrases, choosing the correct words
- Section 2 comprises current affairs and general knowledge, which includes economics, history, civics, geography, general science.
- Section 3 comprises logical reasoning, which includes legal prepositions and reasoning and legal prepositions and reasoning.
AILET Admit Card 2022
On April 21, 2022, the National Law University of Delhi (NLUD) will distribute the AILET 2022 admit card. The AILET admit card for the year 2022 will be available on the official website. By enrolling on NLU Delhi's admission portal, candidates will be able to download the AILET 2022 admit card.
How to get AILET Admit Card for 2022?
- Visit NLU Delhi's official admissions website.
- Use your registration ID and password to log in.
- There is a link to the admit card there.
- On the screen, the AILET admission card 2022 will be presented.
- Take a printout of the admit card after downloading it and saving it.
The AILET 2022 cutoff will be the last rank or minimal marks for admission to the BA LLB and LLM programmes at the National Law University Delhi. The AILET cutoff for 2022 will be announced category by category during the counselling process. It establishes the minimum requirement for admission to the university's law programmes. Candidates taking the AILET BA LLB 2022 or AILET LLM 2022 should review the prior year's cutoffs to get a sense of the current trends and projected cutoffs this year. To boost their chance of admission, they should attempt to meet the AILET previous year cutoffs in the exam.
Factors that may have an impact on AILET CutOffs in 2022
Candidates should be aware that the AILET cutoffs alter each year. It is dependent on a number of factors. The following are some of the key criteria that will influence AILET 2022 cutoffs for both BA LLB and LLM.
- The number of candidates who took the AILET in 2022.
- The performance of the candidate in the examination - marks and rank
- Following the announcement of the results, the number of people requesting admission increased.
- Candidate classification
- The number of seats available at the university
- The examination's level of difficulty
Given below are the expected cutoffs for AILET Exam:
|Categories||Cutoff marks and rank for BA LLB||Cutoff marks and rank for LLM|
|General||100 - 105||100 - 110|
|OBC-Non Creamy Layer||80 - 85||90 - 95|
|Scheduled Caste||70 - 75||75 - 80|
|Scheduled Tribe||60 - 65||72 - 76|
The AILET result 2022 will include information such as the candidate's grade, rank, provisional qualification status, and other pertinent information. The university will also produce a consolidated merit list, which will include a rank-by-rank list of all candidates that took part in AILET 2022.
How do I check the AILET 2022 Result?
- To get started, go to the University site.
- Use your Roll No./Application No. and Date of Birth to log in.
- Your outcome will be shown on the screen.
- Take a printout of your result-cum-scorecard after downloading it.
How can one Prepare for AILET 2022
To prepare for the test, candidates need to be familiar with the structure and exam format of AILET. The AILET pattern outlines the subjects and crucial topics to cover in order to prepare for the AILET 2022 exam. If you want to prepare for the AILET, familiarise yourself with the exam's details.
Few preparation tips:
- Begin early: Start studying for the AILET 2022 exam about seven to eight months before the exam date. This will assist you in developing your notions and ensuring that you have ample time for review. By starting to study sooner, you can also practise AILET mock tests and work on your weak areas.
- Refer to the most up-to-date study materials: When it comes to preparing for the upcoming AILET 2022, finding the correct books based on your preferences is crucial. Using low-quality literature will reduce your chances of being chosen for the exam.
- Short notes and revision: It is critical to revise for AILET 2022 in order to increase your chances of being selected. Revisiting the AILET key subjects will help you clear your doubts and keep the information for a longer period of time. Making handwritten notes is a great revision and AILET preparation approach. Candidates are encouraged to write and take notes, as well as create a mind map of the massive knowledge contained in the syllabus. These notes and charts can also be posted in your room to help you study more effectively.
- Tackle previous year papers: Candidates are encouraged to solve previous year AILET papers in order to identify their weaknesses and improve them. Practising these exams will assist you in becoming accustomed to the examination sitting and completing your exam within the allotted time.
The candidates should, first of all, familiarise themselves with the AILET paper pattern and AILET exam syllabus and start their preparations accordingly. You should practise and solve the previous year's exam paper, and keep yourself updated with current affairs by regularly reading magazines and newspapers. For the technical part of the syllabus, you should refer to books of various authors and understand the concepts of the subjects thoroughly to increase the accuracy of your answers.